Terms and ConditionsadminGX
Terms and Conditions
Use and Sharing
- Use Policy – We consider any personally identifiable information we receive about you to be confidential, and it is our policy to use it only in providing our websites and services – from sales and installation, to operations, administration, advertising, marketing, support, network provision, maintenance, communications with you, billing, collection and similar ways. We may also use such information in dealing with fraud and unauthorized use of our services. GlobalXtreme may associate personal account information with data from third parties about you or similar persons to better predict your product and service preferences for use in programming, advertising transactions and to market our services to you.
- Aggregate Information – We use aggregate information about our customers and website visitors for a variety of purposes. Such aggregate information does not identify individual customers. We may share such aggregate and related demographic information with third parties.
- Retention Policy – GlobalXtreme may retain personal customer information in its regular business records as long as someone is a customer or until no longer needed for business or legal purposes.
- Sharing Policy – It is our overall policy not to disclose to others outside of GlobalXtreme and our affiliates, vendors and business partners any personally identifiable information about our customers without their prior consent. We do not sell or provide your personal information to parties unconnected with the services we provide without your permission.
- Special Exceptions – We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information in our possession if we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or legal process served on us;
- Protect and defend our rights or property or those of others;
- Respond to fraud, abuse or unauthorized use of our services;
- Third Parties – We sometimes use affiliates, vendors or third party partners in association with this website and may provide personally identifiable information about users for such purposes. In providing such information, we require that the outside party maintain at least the same level of confidentiality that we maintain for such information. In addition, any use by the vendor or third party may not exceed that needed to provide its service. Internet Communications – Unless addressed to us, we do not read email messages, instant messages, online chats, or the content of other online communications that reside on or pass through our networks. We may however, retain and provide such communications if we are legally required to do so. Incoming and outgoing email messages are generally scanned electronically to identify and filter out likely spam and for viruses and related problems that could harm your equipment, the network or other users.
- Legal Requirements – We regularly receive legal requests for customer information from government and law enforcement personnel. We also receive discovery requests in civil litigation. In all such cases, our policy is to cooperate as required by law, but to provide only such information as the law requires. This information is generally sought by subpoena served on GlobalXtreme. Under current law, many criminal subpoenas require that we not disclose or notify you of the request. Due to this fact and the volume of requests we receive, we cannot assume any duty to notify you of receipt of any legal requests. The law does permit us to disclose to law enforcement, voluntarily and without prior notice, customer information, including the contents of communications, if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury requires such disclosure without delay.
- Internet Information – Current law provides that personal account and other information concerning use of our High Speed Internet services may be subpoenaed by governmental entities. In such cases, you may not be entitled to notice of such a request. The content of Internet communications may not generally be sought through use of a subpoena. The law does permit us to disclose to law enforcement, voluntarily and without prior notice, customer information, including the contents of communications, if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury requires such disclosure without delay.
- Telephone Information – In some areas, GlobalXtreme provides telephone-type services to its customers through an Internet service called “Voice Over Internet Protocol” or “VOIP.” Current law requires law enforcement to obtain a court order or warrant for a telephone wiretap or to use a pen register or trap and trace device to capture dialing information. The Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) and Congress are currently considering the extent to which such rules will apply to voice over Internet services.
- Taking Proper Precautions Maintaining the security of your own personal computer is an important part of protecting your own privacy and of helping us protect our network and our customers’ service. You should use and update regularly your antivirus software, firewall and your operating system to prevent unauthorized access by others and harm from various forms of viruses. Persons with questionable intent may use the Internet or email to pose as someone you trust or do business with. You should always be sure who you are dealing with before responding with personal information. To avoid all these and other forms of attacks, we encourage you to visit our website at http://www.GlobalXtreme.net or the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) for updates and tips on protecting yourself. GlobalXtreme or its Abuse/Customer Security Department may take protective action related to your service or contact you directly with information from time-to-time to help with this effort.
- Personal Information We use “Secure Socket Layer” encryption technology when collecting certain personal information through our websites. You can identify the use of such protection by looking for “https” in the Internet url or page address or a closed lock symbol if you are using Internet Explorer. We protect personally identifiable information found in our most sensitive databases in encrypted formats within controlled and secure environments with restricted access. While we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and computer systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent unauthorized access.
- Access by Others – It is possible for use of the Internet to be accessed or intercepted by third parties. Moreover, since we cannot control Web sites or Internet services operated by third parties, we recommend that you review the terms of service and privacy policies of those Web sites and services.
- Spam GlobalXtreme works hard to prevent and to block spam and we encourage your help by preventing unauthorized access to your computer. The law permits companies like GlobalXtreme to use email to send transactional or relationship messages, such as in confirming that a service has been established or providing information regarding changes in service. If you prefer, you may opt-out of marketing messages we may send by notifying us in response to any you may receive.
- Children’s Privacy Our websites are not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly allow anyone under 18 to provide any personal information on our websites. Children should always get permission from a parent or guardian before sending personal information over the Internet. If you believe your child may have provided us with personal information, you can contact us privacy@GlobalXtreme.com and we will delete the information. You can find more information about protecting children’s privacy by contacting the FTC or viewing its website at http://www.ftc.gov.
- Customer Access to Information If you are a customer of GlobalXtreme Communications, you can check the accuracy of some of your account information by contacting a Customer Care representative. For more information, see Your Privacy Rights as a GlobalXtreme Customer.
- Your Enforcement Rights You have the right to enforce your legal privacy rights concerning our collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information. Among your remedies is the right to seek relief in a civil action filed under federal law.